Source: Town of Indian Trail
Town of Indian Trail issued the following announcement on Mar. 24.
The COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic has caused much fear and uncertainty throughout the community. Unlike any other community crisis, such as a natural disaster, no one, from the nation’s leaders to the smallest community, had a plan for this. We are in unprecedented times.
There are so many people who are scared and want answers; answers that may not exist right now. But what I do know is this: COVID-19 is not a conspiracy theory. It is very real and very dangerous. It is not a political ploy and any politician, on either side, using this to his or her advantage should be embarrassed.
As a community, the best thing we can do for each and to stop the spread of this virus is adhere to warnings and regulations given by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), our first responders, and our state, local and county governments.
- Please always take social distancing seriously and practice it by keeping 6 feet between you and other people. Avoid social gatherings and large groups. This helps prevent the spread of COVID-19. Remind your children, parents and friends of how important this is.
- Stay home as much as you can. Enjoy your backyard or take a walk around your neighborhood.
- When shopping, please don’t hoard. Take only what you need so there are enough supplies and food for everyone. Additionally, price gauging will not be tolerated. Law enforcement will be notified if this occurs and will handle the situation accordingly.
- Don’t spread false information. Not everything you see online or on social media is accurate. Before sharing information, make sure it has come from a reputable source, such as the CDC or the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Avoid contact with sick people and stay home if you are sick. Disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
As a Town, we can only handle what is inside of our borders. We are listening carefully to the information being provided and are committed to updating our residents regularly through our social media pages and website. We have a special page dedicated to information on resources and prevention: http://indiantrail.org/537/COVID-19-Coronavirus-Information.
While the world deals with this situation, stay humble and pray for each other. Check on your neighbor and help where you can. I’ve seen so many examples of our community coming together to help another. I truly believe that we will come out on the other side of this as better human beings and a stronger community.
My phone and email are always open for any resident who wishes to talk. Our churches are available for those who need spiritual guidance.
May God bless all of you.
Mayor Michael Alvarez
Original source: http://www.indiantrail.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=193